1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST (the “Contest”). A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. All monetary amounts herein are calculated in Canadian dollars.
3. The Contest is open only to individuals who are legal or permanent residents of Canada that are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except the directors, officers, agents and employees of Reitmans (Canada) Limited and all of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, “Reitmans”), their respective advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household and any other persons with whom they are domiciled. For greater certainty, it is understood that entrants who are minors in their province or territory of residence are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. By entering the Contest, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and regulations (the “Rules”) and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. The Contest offer will be open online only at the Reitmans Facebook Page (the “Facebook Page”), the whole as more fully set forth in Section 6, from May 21, 2017 at 8:00 pm. (Eastern time) until May 23, 2017 at 11:30 p.m. (Eastern time) (the “Entry Deadline”).
6. In order to enter for a chance to win the one (1) Prize (defined below), each entrant must, by the Entry Deadline:
a. Go online and log-on to Facebook;
b. Click on the “Cirque du Soleil Volta” post found thereon (the “Contest Post”);
c. Post a comment (the “Comment”) in the comments section of the Contest Post.
7. Reitmans reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose Comment contains, whether in whole or in part, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, profane, lewd, violent, illegal, fraudulent, graphic or vulgar content, slander, nudity, violates any other party’s proprietary rights, promotes hatred, otherwise gives rise to a criminal offence or civil liability on the part of any person or entity, or that is otherwise unlawful or in contravention of applicable laws and regulations or of the terms and conditions of Facebook or is otherwise deemed by Reitmans, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be offensive or inappropriate or inconsistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest or with the Reitmans brand.
8. All eligible entries (Comments) for the Contest must be received by Reitmans by the Entry Deadline, must comply with the terms hereof. All entries become the property of Reitmans. Any entries by third parties, or generated by a script, macro or by any other automated means whatsoever (including, without limitation, any electronic, robotic or computer automated or automatic contest entry program, tool, service, script, bot, macro, system or software, whether commercially developed or otherwise), or that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules or the general terms and conditions applicable to Facebook and its functionalities, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such entrant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such entrant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by Reitmans. Odds of winning the Prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
9. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY (COMMENT) PER ENTRANT IS PERMITTED. All additional entries will be disqualified. Without limiting the generality of Section 8, it is understood and agreed that all additional entries made by or for a single entrant, or any attempt by an entrant to make more than one (1) entry per entrant, whether by using multiple Facebook or e-mail accounts, identities, registrations, or any other methods, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such entrant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such entrant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by Reitmans.
10. One (1) prize (the “Prize”) will be awarded to the Winner (as defined below) consisting of one pair of tickets (the “Tickets”) having an aggregate value of fifty dollars ($250.00). The Contest will have two (2) Prize winner (the “Winner”) in total. The total retail value of the Prize is two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00).
11. For purposes of awarding the Prize, one (1) random draw will be conducted on May 24, 2017 at the head offices of Reitmans in Montréal, Québec at approximately 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) (the “Draw Date”) in order to select the two (2) Winners from among all of the eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
12. For the purposes of claiming the Prize, the Winner will be contacted by reply to their original Comment within twenty-four (24) hours of the Draw Date. In order to receive the Prize, the Winner will have until May 29, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern time) (the “Claim Time”) to submit to Reitmans his or her telephone number, mailing address, email address and any other contact information that Reitmans may require by private message. If the Winner cannot be reached by the Claim Time for any reason whatsoever, the Winner will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited the Prize without any prize replacement, reimbursement or substitution of any kind whatsoever and in such circumstances, Reitmans may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Winner by a random draw conducted by Reitmans until such time as contact is made in the same manner set out in this Section 12 with such newly selected Winner. Reitmans will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Winner for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation if any communication is unsuccessful, not returned or returned as undeliverable. If all or part of the Prize cannot be awarded to the Winner due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of Reitmans, Reitmans may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize (or substitute prizes) of equal or greater retail value.
13. The Winner will be entitled to be awarded his or her Prize on the date on which the eligibility qualifications of the Winner have been satisfied in accordance with Section 13 herein (the “Award Date”). The Prize will be sent to the Winner by registered mail or courier to the address provided by the Winner (a signed acknowledgment of receipt at the delivery location will be required) within one (1) week following the Award Date. Reitmans reserves the right to modify, in its sole and absolute discretion, the method of delivery of the Prize described in this Section 14 in the event that it is not possible due to any cause beyond the control of Reitmans. The name of the Winner may appear on the Facebook Page and/or any other Reitmans online social networking and media marketing web pages for no less than thirty (30) days following the Award Date.
14. No cash, product substitution or prize equivalent will be permitted. The Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. The Prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be redeemed for cash, prepaid cards, or gift cards (including Gift Cards) of any kind, in whole or in part. No component of a Prize may be returned after pick-up or delivery, as applicable. No rain checks will be provided. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by a Prize Winner will be made.
15. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all individuals making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random draw to award the advertised number of Prizes available. No more than two (2) Prizes will be awarded in total in connection with the Contest.
17. All expenses related or incidental to the receipt and use of the Prize, including any and all surcharges, fees, taxes (federal, provincial or local), and any travel or transportation costs (whether ground, air or otherwise), will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all fees, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of Reitmans, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and no refund of or compensation for any such fees, costs and expenses incurred by the Winner will be made. The Prize and every component thereof is non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be reissued or revalidated in whole or in part.
18. Reitmans will not be responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, late, misdirected or ineligible entries that may occur in the administration of the Contest. Reitmans will not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest, for any printing or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials, or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest, including problems with the Facebook Page, the Contest Post, the Comments, any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Reitmans on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Contest or downloading any Contest-related materials.
19. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (defined below), if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to (i) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, technical malfunctions or any other causes corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest whether in connection with the Facebook Page, the Contest Post, the Comments, or otherwise, (ii) insufficient entries, or (iii) due to any other cause beyond the control of Reitmans, Reitmans reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part and/or modify the Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Reitmans reserves the right to prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANYONE TO DAMAGE OR DISRUPT THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, REITMANS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
20. In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted during entry, but only if he or she meets all other eligibility criteria contained in the Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institutional, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Winner may be required to provide Reitmans with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit his or her Prize.
21. All entrants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of the Prize granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action with respect to the Prize (including without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, entrants release and forever discharge Reitmans and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, advisors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, licensees, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, successors and assigns from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize or any component thereof granted herein or any other prize that may be awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
22. It is each entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Reitmans in writing at the address indicated above if he or she changes his or her telephone number, e-mail or mailing address or any other contact information. All corrections to the contact information of an entrant must be received by Reitmans by the Entry Deadline.
23. To the extent permitted by applicable law, if any of the terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie or any court of competent jurisdiction, or are deemed unenforceable under the then current applicable laws, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules will not be affected thereby and will remain in full force and effect.
24. For Québec entrants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
25. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each entrant is providing his or her information to Reitmans and not to Facebook. By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and forever discharge Facebook from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest.
26. For an additional set of the Rules and/or the Winner’s name, visit the Website or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2; ATTENTION: Reitmans Customer Service.