50% off shorts and skorts. Ends in 24h 00m 00sshop now
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST (the “Contest”). A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. All monetary amounts herein are calculated in Canadian dollars.
3. The Contest is open only to individuals who are legal or permanent residents of Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except (i) the directors, officers, agents and employees of Reitmans (Canada) Limited and all of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, “Reitmans”), their respective advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household and any other persons with whom they are domiciled; (ii) the directors, officers, agents and employees of Transat Tours Canada Inc. and all of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, “ Transat”) their respective advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household and any other persons with whom they are domiciled; and (iii) the directors, officers, agents and employees of Voyages Bernard Gendron Inc. and all of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, “Voyages Gendron” and together with Reitmans and Transat, the “ Sponsors”) their respective advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household and any other persons with whom they are domiciled, For greater certainty, it is understood that entrants who are minors in their province or territory of residence are not eligible to enter the Contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Grand Prize Winner’s Guest (as such terms are defined below) may be a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence but only if the Grand Prize Winner is such Guest’s parent or legal guardian.
4. By entering the Contest, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and regulations (the “Rules”) and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. The Contest offer will be open online only on Instagram or at the Reitmans web page found at: www.reitmans.com/en/cuba-contest (the “ Contest Page”), the whole as more fully set forth in Section 6 below, from June 9, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern time) to July 6, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time) (the “Entry Deadline”).
i. log on to Instagram, insofar as the entrant’s account on Instagram is public so as to enable a public and unrestricted viewing of the Contest Media Package (defined below) for all users of such social media (the “Social Media Mode of Entry”); or
ii. visit the Contest gallery (the “Contest Gallery”) found on the Contest Page (the “ Contest Gallery Mode of Entry”);
i. Upload one (1) current full-body photograph of himself/herself clearly displaying an outfit that represents his or her summer style (the “ Photograph”);
ii. Add the hashtag “#Reitmansreally” and the handle “@reitmans” to the description of the Photograph (collectively with any other caption made by the entrant, the “Blurb”, and together with the Photograph, collectively, the “Contest Media Package”). The Blurb must not exceed the maximum amount of words or characters allowed on Instagram, or in the case of the Contest Gallery Mode of Entry, 250 words, and must, in each case, include the aforementioned hashtag and handle;
3. checking-off a box confirming that he or she has read, understood and agrees with the Rules; and
4. only if he or she so chooses , checking-off a box indicating that he or she opts-in to receive notifications via e-mail about upcoming promotions offered by Reitmans and Transat (for greater certainty, an entrant is not obligated to check-off the box in question and entry in the Contest is not conditional upon an entrant checking-off such box and opting-in to receive such notifications); and
iv. Click “Submit!”.
7. An entrant that uses the Social Media Mode of Entry must have a valid and public Instagram account at the time of entry and his or her respective Contest Media Package must at all times be in compliance with all applicable policies, rules, terms and conditions of Instagram and its functionalities and must be in a format and size that is compatible with Instagram. An entrant that uses the Contest Gallery Mode of Entry must have a Photograph that is in GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP or TIF format and less than five (5) MB in size. The Photograph can only display the entrant and cannot include one or more third parties or contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or any other unauthorized third-party materials other than the Reitmans logo and brand. The Contest Media Package may be used internally by Reitmans, in whole or in part, for its own employee training and publicity purposes, and as a reference for Reitmans buying agents. Nothing herein will obligate Reitmans to use the Contest Media Package, in whole or in part.
8. Reitmans reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose Contest Media Package contains, whether in whole or in part, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, profane, lewd, violent, illegal, fraudulent, graphic or vulgar content, slander, nudity, violates any other party’s proprietary rights, promotes hatred, otherwise gives rise to a criminal offence or civil liability on the part of any person or entity, or that is otherwise unlawful or in contravention of applicable laws and regulations or is otherwise deemed by Reitmans, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be offensive or inappropriate or inconsistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest or with the Reitmans brand .
(i) represents and warrants that he or she is the sole unrestricted owner of the Contest Media Package and has the right to upload it on Instagram or the Contest Gallery, as the case may be, for the purposes of this Contest as set out herein;
(ii) represents and warrants that he or she has obtained all rights, authorizations or consents required in connection with the use and display of the Contest Media Package for the purposes set out herein;
(iii) represents and warrants that the Contest Media Package is original and has not been previously published nor has it won any award;
(iv) represents and warrants that the Contest Media Package or any component thereof does not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks, logos or rights of privacy or publicity;
(v) represents and warrants that the Contest Media Package is appropriate for family viewing and presents content that, at Reitmans’ sole and absolute discretion, is suitable for the public at large;
(vi) represents and warrants that the Contest Media Package complies with the Rules, including Section 7; and
(vii) grants to Reitmans, its subsidiaries, successors, assigns, agents and licensees, without limitation and in perpetuity, the irrevocable right and license to incorporate, use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote his or her Contest Media Package, in whole or in part, without additional compensation or consideration of any kind, for all purposes set out herein in connection with the Contest as well as in, and in connection with, the advertising, exhibiting, marketing, promotion and exploitation of its business in any manner, in all media throughout the world, whether now known or hereinafter devised, including without limitation, the Contest Page, www.reitmans.com (the “Website”), Reitmans’s Facebook fan page (the “ Fan Page”) and/or any other Reitmans online social networking and media marketing web pages, for Reitmans employee training and publicity purposes, and as a reference for Reitmans buying agents and all forms of print, radio, television, home-video, CD ROM, DVD, and other digital or interactive “electronic” media, in perpetuity, without restrictions as to changes or alterations thereof (except where prohibited by law).
10. Each entrant hereby releases, discharges and saves harmless Reitmans from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses without limitation, including as may be related to invasion of privacy, infringement of his or her rights of publicity or personality, defamation, libel, slander and/or any other personal, moral and/or property rights in any way arising out of his or her participation in the Contest and the use of the Contest Media Package by Reitmans in connection therewith. Without limiting the foregoing, each entrant hereby waives all moral rights in and to the Contest Media Package to the fullest extent permissible by law, including without limitation, the right to prevent any modifications, adaptations, additions, or deletions to the Contest Media Package or any right of inspection or approval in respect thereof.
11. All eligible entries (Contest Media Packages) for the Contest must be received by Reitmans by the Entry Deadline, must comply with the terms hereof and must have a correctly answered Skill-Testing Question. All entries become the property of Reitmans. Any entries by third parties, or generated by a script, macro or by any other automated means whatsoever (including, without limitation, any electronic, robotic or computer automated or automatic contest entry program, tool, service, script, bot, macro, system or software, whether commercially developed or otherwise), or that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules or, in the case of an entrant who uses the Social Media Mode of Entry, not in compliance with the general terms and conditions applicable to Instagram and its functionalities, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such entrant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such entrant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by Reitmans. Odds of winning a Prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
12. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT IS PERMITTED. All additional entries will be disqualified. For greater certainty, it is understood and agreed that all additional entries made by or for a single entrant or any attempt by an entrant to make more than one (1) entry, whether by using multiple e-mail and/or Instagram accounts, identities, registrations, or any other methods, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such entrant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such entrant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by Reitmans.
13. For purposes of awarding the Grand Prize, one (1) random draw will be conducted at the head offices of Reitmans in Montréal, Québec on July 7, 2016 at approximately 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) (the “Draw Date”) in order to select the Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) from among all of the eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
14. One (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) will be award ed consisting of a trip (the “Trip”) for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest of his or her choice (the “Guest”) to Varadero, Cuba for an all-inclusive one week (seven (7) days and seven (7) nights) stay at the Melia Peninsula Varadero (the “Hotel”) during the period from August 15, 2016 to June 15, 2017 worth up to a maximum of two thousand eight hundred dollars ($2,800.00) (including applicable taxes and fees), the whole as more fully set forth in Section 15.
a. the Trip will consist of (i) one (1) round trip economy airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest departing from the major Canadian international airport (Montréal, Québec, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Halifax, Moncton, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg), subject to Transat’s flight schedule, that is nearest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence (the “Departure Airport”) and offers flights to the Destination airport (the “Destination Airport”, and collectively with the Departure Airport, the “Airports”); and (ii) subject to availability, hotel accommodations at the Hotel in a junior suite based on double occupancy (the “Accommodations”);
b. the Trip will not include, and as such the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest will be responsible for any transportation (whether ground, air or otherwise) to the Departure Airport prior to the departure for the Trip (including between the Grand Prize Winner’s and the Guest’s respective residences and the Departure Airport) and from the Departure Airport upon return therefrom. The duration of the Trip will be one (1) week (seven (7) days and seven (7) nights). Accommodations are subject to availability as well as any national or local statutory holidays or any blackout periods which may apply;
c. for greater certainty and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, it is understood that the selection of the Airports is subject to Transat flight schedules and will be made exclusively by the Sponsors based on their consideration of the aforementioned criteria at their sole and absolute discretion. The Airports, airline carrier and the Accommodations will be determined at the Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion and the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to change any element of the Trip in the event that reasonable airfare or Accommodations cannot be obtained or in the case of any other circumstances beyond the Sponsors’ control. Additional government restrictions and regulations or hotel, airline carrier, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations may apply;
d. the Grand Prize winner and the Guest must (i) travel together on the same itinerary and have the same departure and return dates; (ii) each have valid travel documents prior to ticketing; (iii) have the right to exit from and return to their initial departure location and enter and exit from the Destination as well as any other possible stop-over locations; and (iv) have at least one (1) major credit card in good standing, in order to, inter alia, cover any incidentals or any other requirements at the Hotel;
e. the Sponsors do not assume any responsibility whatsoever and in no event will the Sponsors be held liable (i) for any delays or cancellations of the Trip due to inclement weather or any other cause beyond the Sponsors’ control; (ii) in the event that the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest are denied entry to or exit from any Airport or any other stop-over location or readmission into their initial departure location for any reason whatsoever; and (iii) any other circumstances beyond the Sponsors’ reasonable control;
f. travel must be booked through Transat at least thirty (30) days prior to the departure date and the final booking of the Trip must take place prior to January 30, 2017 (the “Booking Date”). Departure for the Trip must take place between August 15, 2016 and June 15, 2017, excluding the periods from December 17, 2016 to January 10, 2017 (inclusively), February 25, 2017 to March 18, 2017 (inclusively) and April 8, 2017 to April 17, 2017 inclusively (the “Travel Period”) and the Trip must take place during the Travel Period. For greater certainty, a Trip cannot be booked after the Booking Date and travel cannot occur outside the Travel Period. Once booked, a reservation for the Trip may not be rescheduled, changed, extended or substituted other than by the Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. Some additional restrictions may apply; and
g. for greater certainty and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsors will not be responsible for any other expenses not specifically mentioned herein related or incidental to the receipt and use of the Trip, including without limitation, any ground transportation, meals and beverages, airport and departure taxes, any other taxes or fees, insurance (including baggage, travel and medical), telephone (including long distance charges), internet or fax charges, personal services or expenses such as laundry, valet, room service, gratuities, items or other expenses of a personal nature, any additional hotel accommodations, optional tours or excursions, and any other costs not specifically mentioned herein as forming part of the Trip, all of which will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest.
16. The maximum approximate total retail value of the Grand Prize is two thousand eight hundred dollars ($2,800.00) (including applicable taxes and fees). The actual retail value of the Grand Prize will vary depending, inter alia, on the city of departure, the Accommodations and the cost of airfare on the trip dates, the whole as provided in Section 15. The Grand Prize winner will not be entitled to receive the balance of any amount representing the difference between the Trip’s maximum approximate total retail value and the Trip’s actual cost, whether in cash, gift cards or otherwise. No frequent flyer miles will be available for the Trip. The Contest will have a total of one (1) Grand Prize Winner.
17. For the purposes of claiming the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner will be contacted by e-mail within five (5) business days following the Draw Date (the “Claim Date”). If the selected Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached by the Claim Date for any reason whatsoever, such selected Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited the Grand Prize without any prize replacement, reimbursement or substitution of any kind whatsoever and in such circumstances, Reitmans may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Grand Prize Winner by a random draw conducted by Reitmans until such time as contact is made by e-mail with such newly selected Grand Prize Winner. Reitmans will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Grand Prize Winner for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation if any e-mail communication is unsuccessful, not returned or returned as undeliverable. If all or part of the Grand Prize cannot be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of Reitmans, Reitmans may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize (or substitute prizes) of equal or greater retail value.
18. Reitmans reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any entrant or Grand Prize Winner. In addition to the eligibility qualifications set forth in Section 3, the Grand Prize Winner must comply with the Rules and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (without the assistance of another person or mechanical device) (the “Skill-Testing Question”) included as part of the entry form referred to in Section 6 and/or the Release (defined below) and/or administered by a representative of Reitmans during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call and/or as otherwise may be provided by Reitmans. In addition to the foregoing and in order to be eligible to receive the Grand Prize awarded hereunder, the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest may be required to execute (and notarize if required under applicable law) a full release and affidavit of eligibility in a form to be provided by Reitmans which, inter alia, relieves Reitmans from any and all liability for injury associated with the Grand Prize or any component thereof awarded to the Grand Prize Winner, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Grand Prize Winner’s and the Guest’s province or territory of residence (the “Release”). Should the Grand Prize Winner not comply with the Rules (including if any one of the representations contained in Section 9 is false or cannot be made), decline the Grand Prize or any part thereof for any reason whatsoever, not claim the Grand Prize by the applicable Claim Date, incorrectly answer the Skill-Testing Question, not execute any required Release, or otherwise fail to satisfy any requirement or eligibility qualification contained herein, such selected Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited the Grand Prize without any prize replacement, reimbursement or substitution of any kind whatsoever and in such circumstances, Reitmans will have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner in question and may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Grand Prize Winner as set forth in Section 13 and the terms and conditions of Section 17, Section 18 and Section 19 herein will apply mutatis mutandis to such newly selected Grand Prize Winner.
19. The Grand Prize Winner will be entitled to be awarded his or her Grand Prize on the date on which the eligibility qualifications of such Grand Prize Winner have been satisfied in accordance with Section 18 herein (the “Award Date”). All information related to the Grand Prize will be sent to the Grand Prize Winner by e-mail (acknowledgment of receipt of e-mail will be required) on or around July 15, 2016. Reitmans reserves the right to modify, in its sole and absolute discretion, the method of delivery of the Grand Prize or any component thereof to the Grand Prize winner in the event that delivery as described in this Section 19 is not possible due to any cause beyond the control of Reitmans. The Grand Prize Winner’s name and/or photograph (including the Photograph) may appear on the Website, the Fan Page, and/or any other Reitmans online social networking and media marketing web pages for no less than thirty (30) days following the Award Date.
20. No cash, product substitution or prize equivalent will be permitted. The Grand Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. The Grand Prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be redeemed for cash, prepaid cards, or gift card of any kind, in whole or in part. No component of the Grand Prize may be returned after pick-up or delivery, as applicable. No rain checks will be provided. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by the Grand Prize Winner or the Guest will be made.
21. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more Grand Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all individuals making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random draw to award the advertised number of Grand Prizes available. No more than one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in connection with the Contest.
23. Except as provided in Section 15, all expenses related or incidental to the receipt and use of the Grand Prize, including any and all surcharges, fees, taxes (federal, provincial or local), and any travel or transportation costs (whether ground, air or otherwise), will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Reitmans reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due in connection with the Grand Prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all fees, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of Reitmans, will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize and every component thereof is non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be reissued or revalidated in whole or in part.
24. Reitmans will not be responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, late, misdirected or ineligible entries that may occur in the administration of the Contest. Reitmans will not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest, for any printing or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials, or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest, including problems with the Contest Gallery, the Contest Page, any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Reitmans on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Contest or downloading any Contest-related materials.
25. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (defined below), if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to (i) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering (including, without limitation, on the Website), unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, technical malfunctions or any other causes corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest whether in connection with the Contest Gallery, the Contest Page or otherwise, (ii) insufficient entries, or (iii) due to any other cause beyond the control of Reitmans, Reitmans reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part and/or modify the Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Reitmans reserves the right to prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANYONE TO DAMAGE OR DISRUPT THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, REITMANS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
26. In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted during entry, but only if she meets all other eligibility criteria contained in the Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide Reitmans with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit his or her Grand Prize.
27. All entrants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of the Grand Prize granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action with respect to the Grand Prize (including without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, entrants release and forever discharge Reitmans and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, advisors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, licensees, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, successors and assigns from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Grand Prize or any component granted herein or any other prize that may be awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
28. It is each entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Reitmans in writing at the address indicated above if he or she changes his or her telephone number, e-mail or mailing address or any other contact information. All corrections to the contact information of an entrant must be received by Reitmans by the Entry Deadline.
29. To the extent permitted by applicable law, if any of the terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie (defined below) or any court of competent jurisdiction or are deemed unenforceable under the then current applicable laws, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules will not be affected thereby and will remain in full force and effect.
30. For Québec entrants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
31. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Each entrant is providing his or her information to Reitmans and not to Instagram. By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and forever discharge Instagram from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest.
32. For an additional set of the Rules and/or the Grand Prize Winner’s name, visit the Website or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included), to Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2; ATTENTION: Reitmans Customer Service.